Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Grammar Giggles

Thanks to my sister for sharing this one with me. So many things wrong with this sign. 


Some that I notice right away:
  • How can a photo be closed? I assume they mean photo DEPARTMENT.  
  • The comma is not appropriate.  
  • I'm not sure what "prolems" are, but imagine they are not as bad as "problems."  
  • I don't know about you, but I was always taught that proper nouns (like names of streets) should be capitalized. Apparently, this person was only taught to capitalize the first word in a sentence. The last sentence isn't even a good sentence with all the words missing. 
Having a sign with these many errors is almost worse than having no sign at all. Maybe I should make up a grammatically correct sign for them to use next time and drop it off. As long as their copier isn't having "prolems."


1 comment:

  1. Sadly, this is the age of Twitter and instant messages, where spelling, punctuation, capitalization, etc. all get lost in translation. Surprised it didn't say... "ur gon hav 2 go 2 mesa drive n brown"

    ReplyDelete